October 8, 2016

Today I Am Thankful

Happy Saturday Everyone!  Julie here, sharing an Autumn Inspired Mixed Media card using the Artistic Outpost  stamp sets, Seed Packets Background , Harvest and Grunge Elements along with the ODBD Pierced Rectangles Dies (all available at Our Daily Bread Designs).  


To create the background for this card, I stamped the AO Seed Packets Background with black soot distress ink onto kraft cardstock and used a water brush to apply brushed corduroy distress ink before watercoloring the pumpkin and vegetables with crushed pumpkin, peeled paint and wild honey distress inks.

I die cut and embossed the background panel with the ODBD Pierced Rectangles Dies, stamped the corner splatter image from AO Grunge Elements with walnut stain distress ink over all of the edges and applied crazing medium over the entire panel.


Once the crazing medium was dry, I layered the panel onto a piece of vanilla cardstock, trimmed and mounted onto the black card base.

I stamped the sentiment from AO Harvest with black soot distress stain onto vanilla cardstock, stamped the AO Grunge Elements grid image with walnut stain distress ink over the sentiment and die cut the panel with the ODBD Pierced Rectangles Dies.

I mounted the sentiment onto black cardstock, trimmed close to the die cut and added the antique brads to the corner. 

I adhered the looped natural polished hemp twine to the card front before mounting the sentiment with dimensional foam to finish off the card.

I hope I have inspired you to pull out your Artistic Outpost stamps and create a project this weekend!  If so, please share with us on our Artistic Outpost Facebook page- we would love to see your creations!

Thanks again for taking the time to visit us and I hope you have a wonderful week!


Designer- Julie Gearinger

No comments: