September 10, 2016

Life Is Better...With Ice Cream!

Happy Saturday Everyone!  Julie here, with a fun Mixed Media card using the Artistic Outpost Ice Cream Shoppe stamp set available on Our Daily Bread Designs website.


I started by die cutting and embossing a piece of paper from the ODBD Boho Bolds Paper Pad with the ODBD Pierced Rectangles Dies and “distressed” the die cut with ink using the Smakin’ Acetate Technique (ink within acetate- see the next step for more info), mounted the die cut frame onto a piece of white cardstock before adhering to the black card base.

I created the center panel using a modified version of the Smakin’ Acetate technique- scribbled water-based markers in the middle of two pieces of acetate (I used a clear envelope), spritzed lightly with water, closed the acetate and "smooshed" the ink around, re-opened and placed the white cardstock into the ink.

After the ink dried, I applied crackle texture paste using a palette knife along with a circle stencil, then die cut and embossed the panel with the ODBD Pierced Rectangle Dies and applied shimmer with a clear glitter pen.


I mounted the panel onto a piece of black cardstock (die cut and embossed with the ODBD Double Stitched Rectangle Dies) and added the strip of black satin ribbon.

I die cut and embossed circles from the ODBD Boho Bolds Paper Pad for the outer circles with the ODBD Pierced Circle Dies and used white cardstock with the ODBD Circles Dies for the inner circles.

I stamped the Ice Cream Shoppe cone images onto white cardstock, colored with water-based markers and used a clear glitter pen to apply shimmer. I fussy-cut the images, mounted them onto black cardstock and fussy-cut again.

I added the circles to the card front along with silver thread and mounted the ice cream cones with dimensional foam.

I finished off the card by stamping the sentiment from the Ice Cream Shoppe onto white cardstock, hand trimming and mounting onto black cardstock and adding to the card front with a few silver sequins.

I had fun creating this card and hope you have been inspired to design a project with your Artistic Outpost stamps this weekend.  If so, we would love for you to join us in on our September Show Us Your AO Art Challenge- click here for details. 

Thanks again for stopping by- I hope you have a wonderful week!!

Designer- Julie Gearinger

No comments: