September 17, 2016

Fall Harvest

Happy Saturday Everyone!  Julie here, sharing a fun Mixed Media card using the Artistic Outpost Harvest and Seed Packets Background stamp sets, available on Our Daily Bread Designs website.

s

To create the background for this card, I embossed the green flourish pattern piece of ODBD Christmas 2013 Collection 6x6 Paper Pad with the ODBD Vintage Flourish Pattern Dies, trimmed close to the edge and distressed the edges and lightly sanded the embossing with a sanding block.

I heat embossed the AO Seed Packet Background as well as the farmer image from the AO Harvest stamp set with black embossing powder on white cardstock and colored the images with markers and a water brush.

I die cut the AO Seed Packets Background image with the ODBD Double Stitched Rectangle Dies, mounted the die cut panel onto black cardstock and added to the card front along with the fringed burlap ribbon.

To create the narrow piece of the layout, I re-inserted the scrap piece of the embossed/colored AO Seed Packets Background back into the ODBD Double Stitched Rectangles Dies to die cut the opposite edge (matching up the stitched edges to the original die cut at the top and bottom)- this is how you can achieve different size rectangles from one die set :-)

I die cut and embossed a piece of suede cardstock with the ODBD Pierced Square Dies and stamped the AO Seed Packets Background onto the square.  

I fussy-cut the AO Harvest farmer image and mounted this image onto black cardstock before adding to the card front to finish off the card.

I decided to wait to add the sentiment later so I can customize the card as needed.

I had a great time designing this card and hope I have inspired you to create a project this week with your Artistic Outpost stamps!  If so, don’t forget to enter your AO artwork in our “Show Us Your AO Art- September Challenge”- please click here for details.

Thanks again for taking the time to visit us and I hope you have a great week!

Designer- Julie Gearinger

1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

Lovely layers and a striking collage, nice art!!