April 11, 2017

Hero


Hello, Avril here today and I'm showcasing a card using paper and an image from The Captain,  which were part of the January New Release of Artistic Outpost stamps available from Our Daily Bread Designs.

I cut a piece of paper from the Vagabond Treasures paper pad, and because I lost one of the dark distressed edges, I used the direct to paper method of distressing to achieve the darker ink tones on the cut side, so both sides matched.

I used embossing paste through an alphabet stencil and when this was dry I used Walnut Stain Distress Oxide ink over the embossing and around the area. Then with a damp baby-wipe  I removed the ink from the embossing.

I stamped the sentiment from the Paperboy plate with Potting Soil Archival and heat set using clear EP.

My main image, the sweet boy from The Captain, was also stamped with Potting soil Archival and distressed with Antique Linen Distress ink and layered onto a frame of brown cardstock.

I hope I've encouraged you to get creative and ink up your Artistic Outpost stamps and if so, we would love to see what you've made, so why not share with us on our Artistic Outpost Facebook page.

Thanks for calling in, and I hope you have a lovely week.

Avril Bailey:  Designer

No comments: