December 3, 2016

Sleigh Ride Fun

Happy Saturday Everyone!  Julie here, sharing a quick Mixed Media card designed with Artistic Outpost  (AO) stamp sets, Sleigh Ride and Grunge Elements along with the ODBD Snow Crystals Dies and ODBD Snowflake Season Collection 6x6 Paper Pad (all available at Our Daily Bread Designs). 


To create the background, I distressed the edges of a piece of ODBD Snowflake Season Collection 6x6 Paper with a distressing tool, sponged vintage photo distress ink over the edges and panel to “age” the paper before layering onto the espresso card base.

I distressed a piece of rose cardstock, stamped the snowflakes from the AO Sleigh Ride stamp set with vintage photo distress ink to create a bit of texture, layered onto espresso cardstock and added as a vertical element to the card front.

I stamped the image of the two children from the AO Sleigh Ride stamp set with archival ink onto white cardstock, water colored the image with distress inks, stamped the snowflakes around the borders and layered the entire panel onto espresso cardstock.

I added vintage photo distress ink over the entire panel using a stencil brush as well as stamping the large splatter stamp from AO Grunge Elements with vintage photo distress ink to “age” the panel.

I followed the same techniques as above to stamp the sentiment from the AO Sleigh Ride stamp set and created the banner by hand.

I mounted the entire layered focal image along with the sentiment, a few snowflakes die cut with the ODBD Snow Crystals Dies and pearls to finish off the card.

I had fun designing this mixed media card and I hope I have inspired you to pull out your Artistic Outpost stamps and create a project this weekend!  If so, please share with us on our Artistic Outpost Facebook page- we would be thrilled to see your creations!

Thanks for taking the time to visit us today- I hope all of you have a wonderful week!


Designer- JulieGearinger

No comments: