November 22, 2016

Enjoy the Beauty of the Season


Hello, Avril here today and I'm showcasing the lovely Midwinter set of stamps, available from Our Daily Bread Designs.

My snowy scene was stamped onto white cardstock with Black Archival ink and I added Clear EP just over the stream, as I wanted to create an icy look to this.   After heat setting the EP,  I lightly coloured the stream with a watery wash of Weathered Wood Distress ink.  I rubbed Frosted Lace stickles all over the image with my finger, this gives a very subtle sparkle  when dry. I then used a glue pen and white fine glitter, to define the hills and snowy banks.

I used Kraft card for the base and stamped the pine branch with white pigment ink and heat set with white EP,  I also sprinkled on some chunky embossing enamel.  I added some very old glitter/flock powder for texture and sparkle to the branches.  There's also a layer in there that was covered with the chunky enamel to look like snow.

To complete, the sentiment was stamped with white and heat set  and those cute little pine cone embellishments were collected on a recent walk.

Although I have intended this as a Christmas card, it could also be used to just Celebrate the Season, be that Autumn or Winter, depending on what colour inks you use.

We would love you to show us what you create using your Artistic Outpost stamps, so why not share with us on our Artistic Outpost Facebook page, we would love to see them.

Thanks for visiting today and I hope you have a great week.

Designer:  Avril Bailey

No comments: