July 5, 2016

On the Farm


Hello and welcome to my weekly post,  today I've a tag to share with you using images from the Harvest and Serenity  stamps sets to build up my farmstead scene.


I started off by inking up the top half of a manilla tag with Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress inks to create my sky and for the field I used  Peeled Paint DI


Next, I stamped the 'farm' scene from the Serenity set onto tissue paper with Jet Black Archival and applied Clear Embossing powder and heat set as I didn't want this to fade into the background.  I drew around the image with a wet paint brush as this helps when tearing around the image.  I stamped the image twice again on the tissue paper, but this time I didn't heat set and only tore the 'field' part of the image.


I used a multi matt medium to apply the tissue to the tag and built up my little scene.  I applied Tumbled Glass DI around the tree to blend and Peeled Paint over the field to disguise any joins.



The young farmer was stamped onto card, fussy cut and coloured before applying to the tag along with the sentiment from the Harvest set, which had been stamped and heat embossed with clear EP. before matting with dark brown card.  I then decided to stamp the Serenity sentiment on tissue, and again heat set with clear E.P.  The whole tag was then layered onto the dark brown card as a base layer to add definition, before being finished off with rustic twine.

The July  AO Show Us Your Art challenge is now open, so why not ink up your Artistic Outpost stamps and show us what you like to create, you can find all the details here.

Designer:  Avril Bailey

1 comment:

Astrid Maclean said...

A fabulous tag Avril, love how you used those stamps together. Very clever!