June 2, 2016

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream!

I have been playing with the Ice Cream Shoppe stamp set this time around from Artistic Outpost. All stamps are available on Our Daily Bread Designs website.


I decided to create invites this time around which I thought would be perfect for a birthday party.  I began by die cutting three Recipe Cards from white card using Eileen Hull's die. The background has been coloured with Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks. I applied each colour to a piece of recycled plastic packaging, spritzed with water and then dabbed the ink onto the background and then dried with a heat tool. Repeated the same process with the second colour and dried once again. I repeated this until I was happy with the coverage of colour.


I added a touch of background stamping using the Ephemera Backgrounds stamp and Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.


I printed off computer generated text which I die cut using one of Tim Holtz Thinlits Labels adding a touch of colour with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink. I also used part of the sentiment to add Ice Cream three times to each of the invites.


I stamped the ice cream cone with Black Archival Ink onto each of the invites. I also thought that these would make great recipe cards. You could add a homemade ice cream recipe to the back.


For added interest I included painted circles and scratchy lines using Picked Raspberry Distress Paint. I added Black Soot Distress Ink to the edges for definition.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x 


1 comment:

Corrie Herriman said...

Love them ! Fabulous colours !
Corrie x