April 26, 2016

City Fun?


Hello, today I'm showcasing the Harvest set of stamps from the March New Release and for a fun take on the images, I've used this handsome chap and put him in the City instead of on his farm, no wonder he looks rather petulant!

I  used a Tim Holtz Cabinet card frame, which was stamped with the grid  from the Grunge Elements and inked with DIs, to frame the city scape from the Paperboy set.  This was attached with foam pads to give dimension, to a brick stenciled background, I also stamped some ink splats, again from the Grunge Elements.

My young farmer was fussy cut along with his 'harvest' and attached to the frame.  I only used part of the sentiment, as obviously he would rather be on his farm than in the city (well he has to sell his produce somewhere!)

I hope you like my  take on using the Harvest stamps, as sometimes we do need a fun card, and just by altering a sentiment this can be achieved.

Don't forget, you still have a few days left to enter the April Show Us Your Art challenge, you can find all the details here.

Designer:  Avril Bailey

1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Avril. Great job on this piece. xoxo