September 3, 2015

Explore, Discover!

Welcome to my weekly post for Artistic Outpost.
I have opted to showcase the fabulous Huck Finn stamp set this week. I have given the focal image centre stage in a 3D pocket watch.




I added the Huck Finn stamped circle to the centre of the pocket watch and stamped the 'Discover' text from the same stamp set, stamped with Black Archival Ink and Hickory Smoke Distress Ink added to the edges. For further texture I also added natural jute twine around the edge of the pocket watch.
'Explore' is also from the Huck Finn stamp set and I also included some mini shells for added interest.
I added more twine tied into a bow to the top of the watch along with a small piece of drift wood, adding a discover Remnant Rub to the top.
I added pieces of torn book pages to the side and added a coat of Mod Podge to protect.
The back of the pocket watch showcases the crackle and layers of paint perfectly.
I love all the different textures added to this piece, makes it so tactile!
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x

1 comment:

Corrie Herriman said...

What a lovely little project you have made ! Great fun !
Corrie x