August 27, 2015

Birds Of A Feather

Time for my weekly post for Artistic Outpost.
I am showcasing one of my all time favourite stamp sets, Birds of a Feather which I have set against an inky background. I applied Distress Inks Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, and Pine Needles to a heart stencil and then spritzed with water and pressed the stencil onto the white card and dabbed with a piece of kitchen towel which I then dried with a heat tool. I repeated the same process to one of the hearts.
I die cut two hearts from white card and stamped the bird image from the Artistic Outpost Birds of a Feather stamp set onto the heart with Potting Soil Archival Ink to give a vintage feel to the piece. I also added a touch of background stamping using the background stamp from Ephemera Background stamp set, stamped with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink to give a tone on tone effect. I also added some natural twine, token and a small rose for added interest and dimension.
I stamped the birds head only onto the second heart and once again added touches of background stamping but this time with Potting Soil Archival Ink. I also added 'feather' part of the sentiment from the same set.
I added a touch of shading with Distress Inks around each heart and added Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges for definition. I also included the sentiment from the Birds of a Feather stamp set.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x 



No comments: