September 28, 2014

Old Covered Bridge

Welcome friends! I have a card to share that I used for the monthly Artistic Outpost blog hop this past week.   I thought I had already exhausted all my fall inspiration but I grabbed my absolute favorite fall stamp set - Artistic Outpost's Old Grist Mill and went from there.  I wanted to add a rustic element and went with burlap.  The burlap was brushed on the reverse with Multi Medium Matte and allowed to dry thoroughly before I die cut it.  I dabbed some Walnut Stain distress stain around the die cut edge of the burlap.  The burlap was cut with the Baroque Movers and Shapers die and the stamped focal image was cut with the Mini Baroque Movers and Shapers die.

A piece of filigree metal was added that I had I painted with Antique Linen distress paint and then burnished over the top with a burnishing block to bring out the metal highlights.  The sentiment, which I love, is also from the Old Grist Mill set.  The sentiment banner is hand cut.  The fall foliage was cut with the Spring Greenery die, sponged with Dried Marigold DI and then spritzed with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist.  I used a mini paper clip to attach a tiny scrap of dyed seam binding to give it a little extra coordinating color.  

Hope you like my fall inspired card.  Thanks so much for dropping by today!

No comments: