August 20, 2013

Pretty in Pink

Hello all, lovely to have you stop by.  A "hop out of kin" of a project for me, this!  Not only pink, but also pretty girly with it...
It's a tag in a bag, using stamps from Think and Wonder and the Whimsical Melange stamp sets.
The little house on the front was stamped on a tag background of wrinkle-free distress technique, and layered over some wisps of cheesecloth and a book page which had been used to mop up the leftover ink.
The words from Think and Wonder were stamped on another piece of the book page, and mounted on padded tape.
For the tag on the inside, I used one of my all-time favourites: the beautiful girl from the Think and Wonder set.  I had to use a wash of Nougat Fresco paint to lighten her face, as the wrinkle-free distress blotches were making her look distinctly unhealthy!
And I stamped the "Wonder and think" sentiment above and below the image, half at a time.  The classical border was also part of the book page - from above the chapter heading - and too good to waste.
On both the tag and bag, I used hearts punched from the first tag, buttons, embellishments and inked flowers which all got a touch of gesso for a shabby chic look.
And, of course it's all topped off with some inky crinkle ribbon, and the Martha Stewart doily punch added a touch of frilliness to the edges.
If you want any more "making-of" details, you can find them here, but for now I'll love you and leave you (I'm having to do all my posting from a cafe while my internet's out of action - so apologies if you've not had a visit from me lately) with a quick reminder to come and join in with the August Referral Program here at Artistic Outpost.  All you need to qualify is at least one AO image on your project.  Hope to see you there!

Designer: Alison Bomber

12 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

Saw this on your blog, looks greats. Hugs xxtrace x

Fliss said...

An absolute stunner Alison! So very pretty and textured. Love those colours.
Fliss xx

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful Alison.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Alisom, the colours work beautifully with your focal image and I love the pretty frilly pieces too. Tracy x

Deborah said...

That's really lovely, Alison - and yes, *very* girly.

Mandy said...

Alison this is stunning, so creative and so many pretty details to look at, I love it :)
hugs Mandy xx

Dagmar said...

Alison - this is just gorgeous and so loving and detailed design - a dream!

Paper Profusion said...

So now you've gone and excelled in the ''pretty in pink' genre too!!! Is there no end to your talents! This is an absolute delight Alison. Nicola x

Kate Yetter said...

Wowzer, Alison. So lovely and full of feminine softness. I love the light pink and white! A gorgeous tag and envelope.
Kate

Cocofolies said...

Hust a WONDERFUL set, love, love it !! Coco

Terry said...

So pretty and feminine! Love the tag in the bag and all that sweet pink!

Faye said...

Your tag in the bag post is wonderful. I love the feminine and elegant look. Thanks for visiting my blog.