June 30, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

I love our summer patriotic holidays and always make some sort of tribute.  This year I have used the wonderful Hero plate to create a tag to wish all my American friends a Happy 4th of July.  I started with a jumbo manila tag and inked up my stamps with Picket Fence Distress Paint.  I stamped the flag stamp in the upper right and lower left quadrants and then repeatedly stamped Hero on the diagonal.  Then the tag was sponged randomly with Faded Jeans and Barn Door distress inks.  The other stamps were stamped with Coffee archival ink and I used stars and rosettes as my embellishments.

That's it, a simple tag this week.  Thanks for stopping by!

Designer:  Linda Coughlin
The Funkie Junkie

1 comment:

Words and Pictures said...

What a wonderful tag - and far from simple, I'd say! Fabulous elements and so much for the eye to take in all over - and I love the vintage sepia images in amongst the red, white'n'blue!
Alison x