October 4, 2012

Happy Halloween

I have created a little something using the newly released GOTHIC 31 plate.
I have added my image to an ornate frame, stamping onto acetate so that the edges of the images appear to blend into the background. I love the foliage stamp on this plate, its a perfect filler stamp as I call them and looks great stamped in the background, quite eerie and adds to the atmosphere of the piece. I have stamped 31 onto acetate along with Happy Halloween to the top of the arch.  To add a little more dimension and interest I have also added a mini skull to the bottom, adding acrylic paint with my finger.
I love the rivets at the side of my arch and I love the whole chipped paint effect, reminds me of rusty chipped iron gates that appear around a grave yard perhaps.  Can you tell I am enjoying the whole Halloween experience lol!
The inside has been stamped with the foliage once again, adding the creepy spider to the top along with the mini skulls, again stamped onto acetate.  I have included a key and lock, stamping Halloween onto my key for further interest. Oct 31 and All Hallows' Eve have also been added. The border at the bottom of the arch is also from the GOTHIC plate, stamped onto white card, coloured a little with Distress Inks to blend into my background.
A little more stamping has beed added to the back of my arch along with a mini coffin decorated with the mini skull and the Happy Halloween sentiment. I love the rat, which I have stamped onto acetate and added to the bottom of the coffin. I have added a mini spider, cut from white card using a Memory Box die and coloured with Distress Inks.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Designer: Tracy Evans

3 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Love your spooky creation.
hugs {brenda} xox

Unknown said...

Ого! Жесть! Я в шоке! WAW!!!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

This is really cool! I love it!